Why You Should Be Drinking More Water
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 16 January 2015 - 4:46 am IST
Water forms one of the most integral components of our body and constitutes for about 1/3rds of our entire body weight. Drinking around 12 glasses of water every day is known to keep our body away from terminal diseases such as heart diseases as well as stroke. Choosing to drink water can be a sensible decision as it has not negative effects on the body. So, here are some of the major reasons why you should be drinking as much water as you can:
- Maintains Your Fluid Balance: Around 60% of the human body is made up of water. Drinking adequate amount of water is known to help maintain your fluid balance and helps your body to transport all the nutrients from one place to the other.
- Controls your calories: Drinking water is known to help fight against weight loss as well. Many studies have been able to find a major connection between body weight and water consumption. It doesn’t hurt, does it?
- Clears Your Skin: Our body does have certain toxins which cause the skin to become inflamed and results in clogged pores and acne. Water helps to flush out all these toxins from the skin and can reduce the risk of pimples to a great extent.
- Better Kidney Function: Our kidneys are known to process around 200 quarts of blood daily. They do so, sifting out the waste and transporting all the urine to the urinary bladder. Your kidneys need enough fluids going in order to clear away all the toxins and wastes that our body no longer requires.
- Boosts Your Productivity: Did you know that in order to focus well, it is recommended to drink a glass of water and stay refreshed.
- Helps with the Hangover: Yes! Though Coffee is known to be one of the most common cures for hangovers, water too comes in handy! Drinking a glass of water is known to keep your body well hydrated and stops that entire pounding headache.
- Prevents the Pain: Drinking a little water can go all the way! Aching joints and muscle cramps can be easily healed on their own if your body is well hydrated.
- Boosts your Brain Power: A recent study has been able to find that people who drink more water are known to have better grades and more productivity as compared to their counterparts. Water is known to promote clearer thinking.
- Fights against sickness: Water is known to help greatly with decongestion and dehydration. It can help your body to bounce back when you are feeling down due to the change of weather.
Login to Add Comment
Battling and Getting Over Depression Depression falls under the category of mood disorders. Very common these days, it has come out to be the form of chronic mental illness
Every man is concerned about his sperm count. After all, these sperms determine his chances of having a baby in the near future. Sperm Count can be decreased due to trivial things from excessive dr
Pregnancy is a very crucial stage in every woman’s life. Therefore, if you have been trying to conceive, it is very important to keep a tab on the food choices that you make. There have been
You might have seen people around you remark as to how well meditation is treating them and how well they are able to concentrate after meditation. Many beginners find it very hard to start meditat
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Headaches and Migraines
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy