Winterize Your Skin!
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 21 November 2014 - 4:19 pm IST
Autumn is here. Soon, the beautiful winters too will be knocking at our doors. Winters however, can prove to be very harsh for our skins and they can cause chapping and drying which can be quite difficult to mask up. Cold air can dry out our skin. Overheated rooms and sweaters can worsen conditions such as dermatitis. So, take a look at our picks to winterize your skin and keep it healthy and supple.
- Opt for an exfoliating scrub every month in order to restore the natural moisture of your skin. Often we neglect going in for scrubbing which leads the dead skin cells to accumulate, masking away the natural moisture of the skin.
- While showering, rub on an exfoliation product over your skin and rinse thoroughly later on. Once this is done, apply a moisturizer in order to seal in all the moisture.
- To prevent your hands from chapping, use soap free and an alcohol free hand sanitizer. Instead, go in for a moisturizing cleanser.
- To smooth out the rough patches on the knees and the elbows, simple add honey to your hydrating scrub.
- Treat your feet right by buffing up your calluses with a pumice stone and then applying a buttery moisturizer while your feet are still damp.
- Keep your showers short, not more than 10 minutes. Long showers strip your skin of all the moisture.
- Go for soft fabrics. Pick up softer sheets and sleepwear. Blends of cotton and synthetic can prove to be very irritating to the skin.
Login to Add Comment
After viewing the television ad about the importance of iodine and sodium in our everyday food, it does not seem that too much sodium could prove to be a bad thing for us. However
Life tends to get quite busy and stressful with one person who has to manage work, home, kids and other responsibilities together. There is no scope left for me time in any of thes
Flatfeet – Basic Overview A flatfoot is a condition in which the arch on the inside of the feet is flattened which allows the entire sole of the foot to touch the floor when the per
Whiplash – Basic Overview Whiplash is a kind of neck injury which generally occurs during the rear end automobile collisions. This injury occurs when the head of the affected person
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Triple X Syndrome
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits