Winterize Your Skin!
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 21 November 2014 - 4:19 pm IST
Autumn is here. Soon, the beautiful winters too will be knocking at our doors. Winters however, can prove to be very harsh for our skins and they can cause chapping and drying which can be quite difficult to mask up. Cold air can dry out our skin. Overheated rooms and sweaters can worsen conditions such as dermatitis. So, take a look at our picks to winterize your skin and keep it healthy and supple.
- Opt for an exfoliating scrub every month in order to restore the natural moisture of your skin. Often we neglect going in for scrubbing which leads the dead skin cells to accumulate, masking away the natural moisture of the skin.
- While showering, rub on an exfoliation product over your skin and rinse thoroughly later on. Once this is done, apply a moisturizer in order to seal in all the moisture.
- To prevent your hands from chapping, use soap free and an alcohol free hand sanitizer. Instead, go in for a moisturizing cleanser.
- To smooth out the rough patches on the knees and the elbows, simple add honey to your hydrating scrub.
- Treat your feet right by buffing up your calluses with a pumice stone and then applying a buttery moisturizer while your feet are still damp.
- Keep your showers short, not more than 10 minutes. Long showers strip your skin of all the moisture.
- Go for soft fabrics. Pick up softer sheets and sleepwear. Blends of cotton and synthetic can prove to be very irritating to the skin.
Login to Add Comment
There is a general myth that once a person turns eighteen, the growth of their bones stop permanently. Though there is a shard of truth in this myth, there is no doubt in the fact
Ringworm Infection And Ways To Prevent It Ringworm is commonly known as a skin infection which is caused due to a fungus. Often, when a person suffers from a ringworm infection, then they
Copper Copper, one of the most active components of Red Blood Cells is known to be integral in the storage, metabolism as well as the absorption of Iron and the formation of the RBC&rsquo
Malaria – A Basic Overview Malaria is a mosquito borne infection which occurs in humans and other primate animals due to the parasites carried by the mosquitoes. One of the major sy
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Triple X Syndrome
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon