Worst Sunscreen Mistakes to Avoid
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 24 January 2015 - 1:34 am IST
This is a commonly known fact that sunscreen should be applied in order to reduce the risk of contracting skin cancer and to prevent the onset of wrinkles. However, were you aware of the fact that slather one of the sunscreen too, is a dangerous mistake which must be avoided. So, here are the five major sunscreen mistakes that you are making:
- Wait until you are outside to apply it: This is one of the biggest mistakes people commit. They wait till they are out on the beach to apply the sunscreen! The correct way is to apply the sunscreen 30 minutes before you step outside. This way, your skin can absorb it and can start working on it in order to decrease the chances of UV exposure to the skin.
- Applying Sunscreen around your clothes: This is another major blunder which people commit. Skin cancer can affect any part of your body. That is why it is better to apply sunscreen when you are completely naked. This makes it probable to apply it all over your body without missing any major part.
- Not applying sunscreen over your lips, ears, toes and eyelids: This is another major blunder which people commit! Just like the rest of your body, these areas of your body too, are vulnerable to skin cancer and UV rays. Therefore, it is very important to apply the sunscreen all over these body parts for maximum protection. For your lips, go for a SPF protected lip balm, which can stay on for a longer time period.
- Rinsing it off: When you are picking your sunscreen, make sure you go in for one, which is water resistant and does not rinse off easily.
- Using a body formula over your face: There is a difference between the products which are meant for the face and the other parts of the body. While facial skin is more sensitive towards irritation as compared to the other parts of the body, avoid mixing the two of them. If you have an acne prone skin, avoid using the body version products for your face.
Login to Add Comment
Winter season is finally here. So are the biting winds, hot steamy showers and sudden dips in the temperature. These can suck the life and moisture out of your skin and hair. However, we offer you
Take a look at our all natural tips which will rejuvenate your skin, enhance its glow as well as increases the smoothness of the skin. Remove the dead skin cells by
Multani Mitti is also known as Fuller’s Earth and this name is derived from the origin of the product. It is found in Multan, a place in Pakistan and is a very well known skin care product. T
Acne marks and scars is not a new thing for teenagers and adults. As you step into the puberty stage, acne and pimples find their way to affect your young and beautiful skin. First of all, you shou
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
Eating rice won't make you fat
Headaches and Migraines
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Triple X Syndrome