Worst Sunscreen Mistakes to Avoid
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 24 January 2015 - 1:34 am IST
This is a commonly known fact that sunscreen should be applied in order to reduce the risk of contracting skin cancer and to prevent the onset of wrinkles. However, were you aware of the fact that slather one of the sunscreen too, is a dangerous mistake which must be avoided. So, here are the five major sunscreen mistakes that you are making:
- Wait until you are outside to apply it: This is one of the biggest mistakes people commit. They wait till they are out on the beach to apply the sunscreen! The correct way is to apply the sunscreen 30 minutes before you step outside. This way, your skin can absorb it and can start working on it in order to decrease the chances of UV exposure to the skin.
- Applying Sunscreen around your clothes: This is another major blunder which people commit. Skin cancer can affect any part of your body. That is why it is better to apply sunscreen when you are completely naked. This makes it probable to apply it all over your body without missing any major part.
- Not applying sunscreen over your lips, ears, toes and eyelids: This is another major blunder which people commit! Just like the rest of your body, these areas of your body too, are vulnerable to skin cancer and UV rays. Therefore, it is very important to apply the sunscreen all over these body parts for maximum protection. For your lips, go for a SPF protected lip balm, which can stay on for a longer time period.
- Rinsing it off: When you are picking your sunscreen, make sure you go in for one, which is water resistant and does not rinse off easily.
- Using a body formula over your face: There is a difference between the products which are meant for the face and the other parts of the body. While facial skin is more sensitive towards irritation as compared to the other parts of the body, avoid mixing the two of them. If you have an acne prone skin, avoid using the body version products for your face.
Login to Add Comment
A variety of face masks are available in the market these days, which promise to make your skin look pretty and refreshing in a single day. But, were you aware that not all skin masks can work wond
So you thought that a bar of soap or a scented moisturizer was doing you no harm! Check out our top ten picks for the things which may be irritating your skin without your knowledge.
Multani Mitti is also known as Fuller’s Earth and this name is derived from the origin of the product. It is found in Multan, a place in Pakistan and is a very well known skin care product. T
Acne marks and scars is not a new thing for teenagers and adults. As you step into the puberty stage, acne and pimples find their way to affect your young and beautiful skin. First of all, you shou
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Eating rice won't make you fat
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts