Your Helpful Guide for Improved Oral Health and Hygiene
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 21 December 2016 - 6:34 pm IST
Healthy teeth and beautiful smile are important factors behind the development of your personality. Like you take care of your skin, hairs and body, it is equally important to maintain good oral health and hygiene. Practising oral routine habits can render long-lasting benefits for your mouth and overall health. Various dental clinics in metro cities like Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai render effective oral advice to the patients. Read on to know some good habits to adapt, for strong teeth and healthy gums.
Brush your teeth correctly
Regular brushing helps prevent decaying of tooth as it removes the accumulated layer of plaque continuously. On brushing, the bacteria and harmful acids are wiped away leading to fresh breath and healthy teeth. You will also keep away from any sort of periodontal disease or infection.
Stay glued to know correct ways of brushing:
- Set your brush at a 45 degree angle to the meeting point of the teeth and gums. Use gentle and circular movements to brush the areas.
- Remember, you do not scrub your molars hard or else lately, you will suffer from the problems of receding gums.
- Cover each part of your mouth – the cheek side, chewing surface the tongue.
- Brush thoroughly for at least two minutes to get away with the food remains and plaque.
- Choose a soft toothbrush and replace it every three months for good oral health.
Interdental cleaning allows you to wipe out plaque and food remains from the areas where your brush could not reach. You must clean the areas between your teeth to stay away from oral health issues. The best dentist in Mumbai will advise you to floss your teeth once a day to maintain your happy smile. You can also use a dental floss or electric water flosser to make sure that plaque does not stay there for long and turn into tartar.
Keep away from some food and beverages
- High sugar intake tops the list of avoidable items improved dental health. You should gradually lessen the consumption of sugary foods like sweets, hard candies and chocolates. This is because, harmful bacteria attacks on sugar and decays your strong and healthy teeth.
- Take a break from acidic drinks and food products. It will wear away your tooth enamel ultimately damaging your tooth completely.
- High consumption of alcohol can cause irritation of surrounding teeth tissues. It may also result in longer healing periods after an oral surgery or treatment. Even the best cosmetic dentist will warn you about this, prior to the treatment process.
- Smoking can cause hard stains on your tooth affecting your smile and appearance. So, give away this habit as early as possible.
Along with these, another important thing is to be noted for maintaining oral hygiene. You should visit your dentist regularly for oral health checkups. You can get the list of dentists in Mumbai from Refadoc website and contact one as per your need and concern.
Login to Add Comment
It is very important to be prepared with the right questions in order to make the most of your dental visit. Here are some of the helpful questions which you should be considering during the course
Do you know the wonders regular dental check-ups can have on your oral health? Are you aware of the benefits of visiting a dental expert frequently? If not, you might be missing the chance to impro
Harmful bacteria present in the mouth are the main cause behind a number of oral problems in both children and adults. The most problems that result from these harmful bacteria include gum infectio
The increasing demand for perfect smile and appearance has resulted in the modern advancement of dentistry. Orthodontics has emerged out as an effective way of solving malocclusion problems. With i
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Headaches and Migraines
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Triple X Syndrome
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects