Your Helpful Guide for Improved Oral Health and Hygiene
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 21 December 2016 - 6:34 pm IST
Healthy teeth and beautiful smile are important factors behind the development of your personality. Like you take care of your skin, hairs and body, it is equally important to maintain good oral health and hygiene. Practising oral routine habits can render long-lasting benefits for your mouth and overall health. Various dental clinics in metro cities like Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai render effective oral advice to the patients. Read on to know some good habits to adapt, for strong teeth and healthy gums.
Brush your teeth correctly
Regular brushing helps prevent decaying of tooth as it removes the accumulated layer of plaque continuously. On brushing, the bacteria and harmful acids are wiped away leading to fresh breath and healthy teeth. You will also keep away from any sort of periodontal disease or infection.
Stay glued to know correct ways of brushing:
- Set your brush at a 45 degree angle to the meeting point of the teeth and gums. Use gentle and circular movements to brush the areas.
- Remember, you do not scrub your molars hard or else lately, you will suffer from the problems of receding gums.
- Cover each part of your mouth – the cheek side, chewing surface the tongue.
- Brush thoroughly for at least two minutes to get away with the food remains and plaque.
- Choose a soft toothbrush and replace it every three months for good oral health.
Interdental cleaning allows you to wipe out plaque and food remains from the areas where your brush could not reach. You must clean the areas between your teeth to stay away from oral health issues. The best dentist in Mumbai will advise you to floss your teeth once a day to maintain your happy smile. You can also use a dental floss or electric water flosser to make sure that plaque does not stay there for long and turn into tartar.
Keep away from some food and beverages
- High sugar intake tops the list of avoidable items improved dental health. You should gradually lessen the consumption of sugary foods like sweets, hard candies and chocolates. This is because, harmful bacteria attacks on sugar and decays your strong and healthy teeth.
- Take a break from acidic drinks and food products. It will wear away your tooth enamel ultimately damaging your tooth completely.
- High consumption of alcohol can cause irritation of surrounding teeth tissues. It may also result in longer healing periods after an oral surgery or treatment. Even the best cosmetic dentist will warn you about this, prior to the treatment process.
- Smoking can cause hard stains on your tooth affecting your smile and appearance. So, give away this habit as early as possible.
Along with these, another important thing is to be noted for maintaining oral hygiene. You should visit your dentist regularly for oral health checkups. You can get the list of dentists in Mumbai from Refadoc website and contact one as per your need and concern.
Login to Add Comment
Do you take proper care of your teeth? Are you aware of the risks you may suffer from, due to ignored oral hygiene? Your teeth are the priceless assets that represent your beauty and personality. Y
Do you know the wonders regular dental check-ups can have on your oral health? Are you aware of the benefits of visiting a dental expert frequently? If not, you might be missing the chance to impro
Hope you are aware of the fact that your dental health perfectly reflects your overall physical wellbeing. Many severe
Everyone has an urge to have a glowing and shining smile. But, the question is how? Well, to answer that, we all know that teeth whitening is a widely accepted cosmetic treatment for the purpose. V
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Triple X Syndrome
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy