Cervical Mucus During Pregnancy - CausesCreated On : March 20, 2015
Normally, the mucus is produced by the glands of the uterine cervix lining. The mucus produced is transparent or whitish in color and is odorless. The intensity of the secretion and the biochemical content of the secretion are regulated by the basic sex hormones, such as estrogen and progesterone. The phases of secretion are directly related to the menstrual cycle of the women. Here are some of the six major stages of the process:
- Minimal amount of discharge/ Dry Days: These days are coinciding with the follicular phase of the Menstrual Cycle, when all the resources of the system are aimed at the maturation of the egg.
- Sticky and Thick Discharge: This kind of mucous is not suitable for conception.
- Cream like Soft Mucus: This happens when the level of estrogen rises
- Profuse Watery Discharge: This happens to occur during the peak of the ovulation and therefore, it is advised to abstain from sexual life.
- Cervical Mucus: This is provoked by the maximal levels of estrogen
- Whitish Thick discharge is observed until menstruation.
During the course of pregnancy, the egg white discharge tends to stay for a longer period of time than usual. This happens as the level of estrogen remains rather high. After the formation of the mucous plug along the uterine cervix, the mucus tends to thicken. Thus, with the changes of the phases of the pregnancy, these changes are observed.
Login to Add Comment
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Headaches and Migraines
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Triple X Syndrome
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads