Veet Safe or harmful during pregnancy or breastfeeding?Created On : May 6, 2015
Is it safe to use hair removal creams such as Veet or Anne French while I am pregnant? If not, what could be the harmful side effects of it?
Yes, it is quite safe to use hair creams while you are pregnant, but they can cause some skin irritation in you as well.
The chemicals found in the hair removal creams work on the outer part of your skin and the hair. The cream can cause the hair to break and thus, separate from your skin. The fragrances and the essences used in the hair removal cream can irritate the skin and can trigger an allergic reaction. This is caused as the skin is very sensitive while you are pregnant.
The hair growth tends to increase while you are pregnant. However, certain precautions should be taken while using hair removal cream:
1. Read the manual beforehand when you are applying the cream.
2. Avoid using the cream on broken or sensitive skin.
3. Perform a patch test before you apply the cream on your skin.
4. Make sure that the room is well ventilated before you use the cream. It tends to have a strong smell which can cause nausea in some cases.
5. Avoid leaving the cream on your skin for a time longer than needed. Use a clock in order to time the application.
Login to Add Comment
Metal Like Taste in the mouth
Hi, I have been suffering from a metal like foul taste in my mouth for sometime, but I am...
Reasons behind difficulty in conceiving?
my age is 27 years married since 2010. trying to conceive from 2 years.height 153 cm , weight 72 ...
Is it safe to consume honey while pregnant or breastfeeding?
Is it safe to consume honey while I am pregnant? I am six months pregnant and someone has told me...
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Triple X Syndrome
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy