Women's NutritionCreated On : October 10, 2015
A woman's body needs a lot of nourishment. There are many vitamins and minerals that ensure a healthy body. However, as you reach puberty and age more, a few nutrients become vital for healthy functionality, reproduction as well as vitality. On this International Day Of Action For Women's Health, 28th May, learn more about the women's health so that you or women around you stay healthy.
Here are top 6 nutrients that are a must for women of all ages.
1) Vitamin B12 - Women suffer from extreme fatigue as soon as they reach late 20s or mid-30s and vitamin B12 has proven to be extremely efficient in not only curbing the feeling of fatigue, but also in promoting swiftness and alertness in the body.
2) Vitamin D3 - Lack of vitamin D3 is detrimental for breast and ovarian cancers which plague a large number of women. This vitamin also builds immunity against certain autoimmune diseases and provides adequate strength to muscles, bones and teeth.
3) Iron - Adequate levels of iron in the body ensures that you never run out of energy and are always active. In addition, iron plays an important role in maintaining efficient functioning of the brain.
4) Vitamin B6 - Vitamin B6 mainly promotes the maintenance of a healthy and regular sleep pattern and protects against sleep-related disorders such as insomnia. It also helps in the correct regulation of your appetite while maintaining hormonal balance, thus protecting you from mood disorders.
5) Folate - Women who are expecting or have recently given birth certainly benefit a great deal from adequate consumption of folate. These women are highly vulnerable to a number of spinal and brain defects which are effectively prevented by the nutrient. It also helps to make the body highly resistant to colon and breast cancers.
6) Calcium - Calcium is like a wonder drug for all women as it solves a majority of problems which hinder their daily life. It plays an important role in maintaining a stable blood pressure and is extremely efficient in controlling certain noxious symptoms of PMS. It is important also to maintain their bone density as they age.
Login to Add Comment
Preconceptional Care (Care Before Pregnancy)
Most of us have an idea that the couple should go to gynecologist only after they fall pregnant o...
Natural Remedy for Piles
Hi, Can anyone suggest any natural remedy for the treatment of piles or Heamorrhoids?...
Drinking lot of water.. why?
Hello all.. Everyone around me advises me to drink loads of water everyday..however, I am...
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Triple X Syndrome
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots