Women's NutritionCreated On : October 10, 2015
A woman's body needs a lot of nourishment. There are many vitamins and minerals that ensure a healthy body. However, as you reach puberty and age more, a few nutrients become vital for healthy functionality, reproduction as well as vitality. On this International Day Of Action For Women's Health, 28th May, learn more about the women's health so that you or women around you stay healthy.
Here are top 6 nutrients that are a must for women of all ages.
1) Vitamin B12 - Women suffer from extreme fatigue as soon as they reach late 20s or mid-30s and vitamin B12 has proven to be extremely efficient in not only curbing the feeling of fatigue, but also in promoting swiftness and alertness in the body.
2) Vitamin D3 - Lack of vitamin D3 is detrimental for breast and ovarian cancers which plague a large number of women. This vitamin also builds immunity against certain autoimmune diseases and provides adequate strength to muscles, bones and teeth.
3) Iron - Adequate levels of iron in the body ensures that you never run out of energy and are always active. In addition, iron plays an important role in maintaining efficient functioning of the brain.
4) Vitamin B6 - Vitamin B6 mainly promotes the maintenance of a healthy and regular sleep pattern and protects against sleep-related disorders such as insomnia. It also helps in the correct regulation of your appetite while maintaining hormonal balance, thus protecting you from mood disorders.
5) Folate - Women who are expecting or have recently given birth certainly benefit a great deal from adequate consumption of folate. These women are highly vulnerable to a number of spinal and brain defects which are effectively prevented by the nutrient. It also helps to make the body highly resistant to colon and breast cancers.
6) Calcium - Calcium is like a wonder drug for all women as it solves a majority of problems which hinder their daily life. It plays an important role in maintaining a stable blood pressure and is extremely efficient in controlling certain noxious symptoms of PMS. It is important also to maintain their bone density as they age.
Login to Add Comment
Swimming and weight loss
Hi, I am 32 years of age and have started gaining belly weight. I need to get rid of it. ...
Increase the Hemoglobin Level
Hi, Can anyone suggest ways in order to increase the Hemoglobin level in the bloodstream?...
Side effects of pain killers
Hi, I am suffering from back pain and shivers in the last couple of days. I have taken pa...
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Eating rice won't make you fat
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka